I hope you are going to join us on a ranger’s race with a difference! Instead of trying to find as many mammals as possible on one drive for you to id, we thought we would do it over a number of drives. Here are the rules we have put together for the challenge! The drives will be the same the only difference being you have to help id the species we see.
– We each have 20 drives, 10 full days, to find as many mammal, bird, reptile and amphibian species as possible.
– We can only check a species off the list if it has been correctly identified by a viewer.
– The first viewer with the correct answer will be named on drive.
– The species is disqualified if the guide calls it before the answers are in.
– The guide with the most species checked off at the end of the 10 drives is the winner.
If you would like to join in you can e-mail Eugene at firstname.lastname@example.org for your own checklist. It is up to you how you use it. Either follow the progress of your favourite guide or check off the species you id correctly on any of the drives, or use it to keep a record of all the species recorded on the drives!
If you would like to purchase the actual booklet we are going to use, please use the same e-mail and state you would like the booklet. The cost of $5 is to cover postage, anything remaining with be put towards drive running costs.
We may add more rules as the competition gets underway and things crop up that we haven’t thought about!
The challenge starts with Marc on Sunday 16 at 6h00 CAT! Get your thinking caps on!
Written by Tara